Published on Career Center on
Source URL:

Australia or Hong Kong?

Published on
Thursday, 20 October 2011 22:16
Written by

I came to Australia when I was 19 and have lived here for about 12 years. I have a Bachelor Degree in Marketing, a Master Degree in Accounting and a Juris Doctor Degree. I will become a qualified lawyer in Dec this year (like a newly qualified lawyer without too much experience). I've worked in the public sector for about 6 years as an internal auditor. I work only 7.5 hrs a day and my colleagues are really nice. I earn about HK$35,000p/m after tax (tax is very heavy here) and if I continue to work in the public sector, my income is not going to go up much higher.

My parents are in HK and I really want to go back to look after them. 
However, I really don't know what I can do and how much I can expect to earn in HK.

All my experience is in gov and I do not have too much commercial or professional experience (only gov audit and you can imagine!).

Can somebody who has a similar experience give me some recommendations? I don't think I can get a graduate lawyer job in HK as it seems so difficult to get one there.

Or I should just get married and settle down here and have a simple life?


For more great career-related articles and to find your next dream job, please visit