Is it a good decision to study CIIA? | Postgraduate Studies | Career Doctor | ClassifiedPost Hong Kong
Home > Career Doctor > Postgraduate Studies > Is it a good decision to study CIIA?
Is it a good decision to study CIIA?
Tommy
posted on Monday, 24 May 2010 23:01

Hi Career Doctor:

I have completed my CPAA and FRM and now looking for a better job. My current job as a accountant in fund house is lower pay and lack of opportunity to get
promotion. I am interested in developing my career in investment management and banking group with focusing on financial management, analysis or risk
management position.

To enhance my competitiveness during this hard time, I want to enrich my financial knowledge. It seems that CFA is experience and time consuming to
achieve so I consider other qualification like CIIA. CIIA is faster and easy to study but it does not well-recognized in HK and lower barrier to study. Is it worth to invest? Do you have any recommendation?

L
Posted Monday, 21 February 2011 06:03 PM

I am an MBA, CPA, and CIIA holder. My pay is ridiculously low.

passby
Posted Sunday, 15 August 2010 02:20 PM

You can take MBA, study CFA, CAIA, CIIA together. They improve your chances of success.

PYoung
Posted Tuesday, 15 June 2010 11:05 AM

I think investment in a degree is good for your the future, but don't expect it will definitely give you higher position and higher salary. Make the investment as a way to improve your knowledge and skills.

Posted Monday, 07 June 2010 07:49 PM

While I've been stressing on the importance of continuing education for all of us, no qualification can be used only as the means to help you get a better job.

However I do agree with you that further studying is an investment. An investment in you yourself but not as a tool to bargain for any job you want. Your capabilities and potential can never be measured only by your qualifications.

One can’t achieve more by simply keeping on studying and/or acquiring more qualifications.

Tommy
Posted Thursday, 27 May 2010 09:18 PM

Hi passby

Thanks for your advise. Completing MBA and CFA is too remote for my career move and my current experience can't be recognised by CFA. However, I admit that both of them is essential for my future development. Let me think twice.

passby
Posted Thursday, 27 May 2010 06:14 AM

There is no easy path out there as you competing with most of talents in banking field. CFA and MBA are must for your career in banks. A UST MBA will be a good choice. See if you can complete both in 4 years.