Shall I call up the company to see if there's any chance of an interview?
I have nearly 5 years experience in the Import and Export industry. The story is that when I quitted from my previous company, I got contacted by one of the cooperating factory (office in HK) asking me if I am interested to work with them. Since my previous company and the factory have cooperated for a long time; I don't hope to bring up any misunderstanding issue between all the 3 parties (me, previous company, factory); I have nicely refused their offer for a few times. They kept offer better and I didn't know how to refuse anymore and accepted, they asked me to start on 22 Mar.
Their office is far away from my home, which is something that I concern a lot. As soon as I accepted their offer on 11 Mar, the next day I saw an opening from one of my favourite company, they are hiring the same position with the same benefit PLUS they are so close to my home. I immediately sent my resume and now waiting for feedback. Among the factory and my favourite company, I deeply know that I prefer the latter much better. I have only one week time before I start working in that factory, today is only the second day I sent my resume to my favourite company, shall I call them up to see if they can offer my a chance of interview?